Here is my Peach Mango Cobbler for Crockpot:
1 ½ package frozen peaches
1 package frozen mango
½ tsp Vanilla
½ tsp Cloves
½ tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Cinnamon
2/3 C. Sugar
1 C. Unbleached All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Kosher Salt
¼ tsp Cinnamon
¼ C. Butter (Salted Sweet)
½ C. Whole Milk (or Buttermilk)
¼ C. Sugar
1. Grease the inside of crockpot with butter.
2. Combine Peaches, Mangos, Vanilla, cloves, nutmeg, 1 tsp Cinnamon, and 2/3 cup sugar into crockpot, begin heating. If desired, thaw fruit in microwave before placing into mixture.
3. Prepare Topping: Combine remaining dry ingredients, then stir in butter and milk. Dough should be grainy, so don’t spend more than a minute mixing.
4. Fruit Mixture should be warming. Drop the Topping onto the fruit mixture in small spoonfuls, ensuring that some fruit is visible. The majority of the surface will be covered with topping.
5. Cook on High for 4 hours, or until you can no longer resist (appx 2 hrs 45 min for me).
Directions (short version)
- Combine first set of ingredients in pot.
- Combine second set in bowl, drop in pot.
- Cook on High for 3 – 4 hours.
- Ensure milk (or other fulfilling beverage) is on hand.
My review: The Peach Mango Crockpot Cobbler was outstanding. I think maybe the cloves were bit too strong, or it might have been the nutmeg. I am a perfectionist, though. All persons at the dinner party introduction of my cobbler loved it. As a measure, even the leftovers were taken home by someone. So, I feel that this is already a good recipe, but may be better by backing off some of the spices. Maybe not. I say definitely make this, eat it, and love it. Then maybe you can adjust it.