Monday, September 15, 2008

Comforts of English

I have said that Korea is beautiful and amazing, and I still think so. However, I found it difficult to chat with Gina today. I couldn't use any of our normal chat avenues: iChat, YahooMessenger, or anything else. We ended up using facebook and chatting on each other's walls. So, basically anyone can see all of our posts. Toward the end of our limited time together online, I finally looked for a chat application, found it, and invited Gina. Apparently, I invited her after she got off. Additionally, I cannot get onto certain websites (that I need) from here. I am at the airport in an internet free zone and am unfamiliar with how local companies operate internet access.

This kind of thing w0uld be quite apparent and easily overcome in America. I am familiar with the payphones, the internet, and I know how to navigate to the sites I need. Here, such simple things can be a little more difficult. I think part of it goes back to my reluctance to bother Koreans.

On a brighter note, laziness on my part seems to have paid off. My cell phone wasn't turned off or suspended when I left to Korea the first time, so it'll still work while I am in America. When I return I will suspend the account, and maybe cancel.

I had a Korean meal for lunch, and loved it. Some sushi, rice, salad, soup... I think it's actually a Japanese meal, but that food is also common here. I am quite tired, having arrived very early due to unfamiliarity with the public transport that would get me to the airport. I erred on the very cautious side.

I am in Korea listening to the overhead talking in German for Lufthansa airlines. cool.

No comments: