Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Flying Across The Pacific (Tue 15 Sep 08)

Today started, well… yesterday. I got on the plane feeling pretty good on Monday (Mountain time). I left the free internet area that I was using in Incheon airport, and boarded the plane. I knew that I’d be in for a long flight so made myself stay awake until the first meal. Unfortunately for me, I drank coke at that meal. I was unable to sleep the rest of the flight. About 9 hours, I think. I stopped checking at some point. I watched 3 movies: Deception (3 ½ stars), Made of Honor (3 Stars), and some Helen Hunt movie that she starred in and directed (4 Stars). I don’t think I would have seen any of those movies unless I had friends going and the movie was free –or- Gina got it on Netflix.

The flight was itself was ok, but my lack of sleep left me feeling terrible. I had a planned 4 hour layover in San Francisco. My pants and a T-shirt left me freezing in the terminal. I thought about going to the USO to wait, but didn’t want to go back through security again. In retrospect, it would have been better off.

I wandered around in the terminal, looking at each of the stores. On my third lap, I decided to spend some time in the book store, not based on the product they offered, but on the slight increase in warmth that I found in their store. I was in the real crime/ drama section. I don’t read real crime/ drama, but that section had the least amount of air blowing on it. I could only do it for so long, though. I was so tired that I felt more relaxed as I read, and more likely to fall asleep. I left the store.

I wandered around more because the Wifi was 9.99 per day, and I’d only use it for an hour or two. I kept moving, because I find it easier to feel lousy while I am moving rather than sit still and feel lousy.

I boarded my connecting flight, and have no idea how long it was. San Francisco to Salt Lake City. I don’t remember much of it. I awoke a couple of times to shift positions, and to get a coke. I awoke near the end of the flight, noticed my unopened coke, and tried to drink it all before they took it away. I got about half.

My mom was there to meet me in the airport. I am at her house now, and ready for bed.

No comments: