Saturday, September 27, 2008

Squandering Time at Humphreys

I have been at Humphreys for a few days, and have done relatively little.  I have was introduced to most of the unit on Friday, and the last I saw them was after final formation.  I could have gone to a going away party for one of the crew chiefs, but I am extremely low on cash.  Earlier I could have gone to a football game for my unit, I feel not going was a mistake.  I ended up watching a movie: The Mummy, Curse of uh... Some Guy.  

I didn't sleep well, and the alarm in the hotel room next to mine went off at 0400.  I called the front desk at about 0450.  Then, my watch alarm went off.  Then...  Yeah, long morning.  I watched football, then went to a movie in the evening.  My highlight was calling Gina.  I love hearing her voice.  And the worse it gets here, the sweeter she sounds.

Today is another day of little activity.  I did go shopping yesterday.  I got a couple loaves of bread, some sandwich stuff, some canned meals, and tuna fish.  I have enough to eat well for the remainder of the month.  I also had to keep in mind that I am living in a hotel room.  I can't yet make a stew or chili that will feed me for a week.  I am limited, but still eating well.  All on $27 for 10 days.

At least today I sought out the internet (the hotels wifi hasn't been working).  Couldn't get in touch with Gina though.  

No comments: