Saturday, September 20, 2008

Grandma's Funeral

Saturday

The funeral.  We all woke up late, which is common because it is when we would wake up in Hawaii. 

This day was emotional.  I think that I felt the loss more keenly because I just returned from Aunt Irene’s funeral, and Grandpa passed not too long ago.  I felt such an amazing outpouring of love.  I feel much more connected to my family than I have in more than a decade. 

I found out that Grandmas journals, and a lot of pictures memorabilia were thrown out when her house was cleaned out.  I was deeply saddened.  I had to leave and regret not taking more time. 

In the afternoon, we saw Gina’s mom in the hospital.  She was looking good.  It was nice to see her.  I watched Gina and Joseph give her foot rubs, and felt the love that was shared. 

We returned to Holly’s for the evening get-together.  It was a busy day, and one of the most emotionally poignant I have had in years.

No comments: